Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Slumbering Lord

Lately, as I have been sitting at my desk at work half working and taking my break in the court yard here at the paper.

And as the cold Las Vegas air rushes round, a thought comes to me. A thought that at times feels like it's coming from left field. Lately, I have been thinking of Dionysus as a slumber god that awakens come spring. Or if you will a kinda of resurrection and thus bring his gifts to us....I know it sounds crazy but for some reason as I try to dismiss this concept that I don't know where it came from, the more it pops up....

I don't know where it came from or why I keep seeing this vision in my head-The lord that slumbers and awakens again.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm not all that great at interpreting dreams, but I'll give it shot. Have you thought that this might have to do with the fact that you have been inactive on your spiritual dealings (or at least blogging about it)?

Maybe the Gods are trying to remind you that slumberous periods are okay, for eventually we'll awaken again and life will resume its course.

Blessings!

Written In Earth said...

Sorry for the late reply Magaly.

I think what you said was wonderful food for thought and something that I myself have been kinda feeling, sorta 'inactive' but that usually happens with the winter months...

But on another note I guess with Dionysus being as a slumbering god etc might also have to do with my connection ot nature, how it seems to sleep but yet is born again...It's almost like Dionysus a liberator from our slumber, he awakens us.

:)

Jenne said...

Your spirit was probably sensitive to the change in season where it seems the world goes to sleep. Even in Vegas, you probably sensed the change where its darker longer, the days are shorter, less gets done, less energy is available, etc. You were probably yearning for spring and the time for the world to wake up again.

This last winter I was hit strong by that feeling and have been so excited as spring has come around again.